Friday 7 March 2014

This is my new little brother - introducing baby scrapbook project

I'm expecting a new baby in less than 2 weeks (Eeek!!) and people keep telling me how I need to spoil my little girl, as she won't quite understand and will be confused, upset and/or jealous.

So here's my idea...

A "This is my new little brother" scrapbook project

At 2.5 years old Megan might not quite be old enough to create a master work of art, but I'm hoping she'll enjoy scribbling and sticking, and most importantly, spending a little time with Mummy.

To get her started, I went to a pound shop and for £5 bought a folder, some coloured paper and some stickers.

I'd originally thought about a scrapbook but decided that as my daughter is only 2 and a half, it would be better to give her individual sheets to work on and then put them into the folder later. (Any mistakes can then be discarded).



I then made a title page to explain my idea (and also because I wanted to play!)...


So there we have it - a lovely project that she'll be able to add to as Baby grows and develops. We'll write in dates and weights and milestones, draw pictures and stick in photos, maybe even try to do Mummy, Toddler, Baby hand prints.

As well as the scrap folder, I have also been informed that it's traditional/a nice idea for Baby to have bought the existing child/children a gift for when they come to visit.

Over Christmas we went to a wedding where disposable cameras were provided on every table. Megan absolutely loved this and ran around shouting "cheese" at everyone all night! What's more surprising is that some of her pictures actually turned out really well!


So I looked at buying Megan a disposable camera to go with the scrapbook project. However, they're over £10 for one with a flash, and I thought she'd get through the 27 pictures really quickly and then have to wait until someone could take it to be developed/printed.

Instead I did some research into children's digital cameras, and decided to buy her the Vtech Kidizoom Twist robust camera.




It 2 megapixels and has a 4 times zoom. It has a voice recorder, takes videos, allows animations to be made and pictures to be edited and manipulated (think adding wigs and text and frames etc!).

What's best is that it will plug straight into our TV so she can see the pictures immediately, and also plug into the photo machines at Tesco/Boots so we can easily print anything that comes out well.

I'm really pleased with it. I paid £30 for the camera and an extra £5 for a case.

Can't wait to give it to Megan, and let her have a central role as family photographer, taking pictures of her new little brother to stick in her book.

Hope you like :o)

My little brother sister scrapbook and camera project



No comments:

Post a Comment