Tuesday 11 February 2014

Am I silly to think this is wrong?

Earlier this week I had a Vertbaudet catalogue through the post.

If you're not familiar, they are the baby/child wing of La Redoute and do some lovely, but quite expensive clothes (often at discount prices). My daughter has had a few beautiful outfits and two gorgeous coats from Vertbaudet.

However, I've also bought a couple of maternity dresses from Vertbaudet and been disappointed by the fit.

Looking at their Before and After range of dresses, it dawned on me that the models couldn't actually be pregnant.

Aside from their bumps looking just a little odd, how could it be possible to have images of the same woman both heavily pregnant, and slim and beautiful?

 
So I asked them on Twitter, and guess what?
They aren't pregnant at all.
 
 
 
Does anyone else think this is silly? Wouldn't you rather see the dresses modelled by two different woman; A genuinely pregnant lady and a lady who has actually had a baby within the last few months?
 
Using someone who isn't pregnant just isn't representative of a pregnant body - you don't just grow a bump, you have bigger boobs, and bum and ankles and afterwards you don't spring straight back.
 
 
My husband says I'm just bitter that I'm fat, and Vertbaudet appear to have declined to comment any further.
 
I'd be really interested if you want to leave comments below!
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment